Teaching and Learning at Radnor House aims to create a collaborative whole-school community of life-long learners, always motivated to achieve the highest standards of teaching and learning through self-reflection, objective evaluation, and research-based practice.
This aim is at the core of life at Radnor House, and a programme of professional learning and development exists to support teachers in aiming for the highest standards. This includes regular twilight and Inset training, and Professional Learning Groups for collaborative group-based CPD. Time is given to all teachers to conduct a Learning Walk in order to gain inspiration and ideas from colleagues, and all are encouraged to make use of our Open Door policy to observe informally. Teachers also collaborate through the Teaching and Learning bulletin to which many teachers contribute articles and ideas. Formal observations are arranged in a ‘circular’ format with a pre- and post-observation conversation to maximise professional learning opportunities. Further internal CPD is also offered on a voluntary basis, with staff volunteering to run sessions on a variety of topics as required, and a Teaching and Learning book group meeting several times per term to discuss the latest research and literature. Attendance on external CPD courses and events is high, and a scheme to allow partial funding of part-time educational Masters courses exists, with salary sacrifice available to cover the remaining fees.
At a recent INSET, in January 2016, was teacher-led and centred on themes of Independent Learning, and the ongoing development of teacher Professional Learning Groups (PLGs). The presentation from this training is available below.
Teaching and LearningBack to About
Downloads for Teaching and Learning
- David Brown (Takeaway Homework Presentation).pptx
- Sarah Taunton (Success in Mathematics at Meadlands Primary. final copy).pptx
- Hilda Frimpong (Growth Mindset in Maths).pptx
- Ted Lougher Cooperative Learning Presentation.pptx
- Fionnuala Pelham Pulitzers PPT.pptx
- Stephan Lockyer (Preso on Belonging).pptx
- Deborah Spencer (Cross curricular learning).pptx
- T&L Bulletin September 2016.pdf
- Teaching Learning Bulletin January 2017 Website Version.pdf (1)
- T&L Bulletin April 2017 Website version.pdf